To be Pakistan's lead institution in business education and research in the changing environment with global recognition.
IBMS aims to produce efficient and responsible business leaders and researchers equipped with modern professional skills by;
- Imparting contemporary business education and capacity building through effective teaching and participatory learning
- Promoting entrepreneurship among students through discovery, innovation and competition
- Conducting need based research on emerging business issues and disseminate knowledge to stakeholders through community participation and outreach activities
- Grooming personalities of students by motivating and engaging them in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Developing national and international linkages for sustainable improvement in business education and research
The Institute of Business Management Sciences (IBMS) was established in February 2011 by merging the Department of Marketing and Agribusiness (established in 1961), Department of Business Management Sciences (established in 1997) and WTO Cell (established in 2004). IBMS aims at imparting education in the fields of Management, Agribusiness, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Finance and Information Technology. The Institute offers degree programs at undergraduate, post-graduate and doctoral levels and prepares students for managerial positions in public and private sector organizations of the country.
Admissions are granted to degree programs entirely on merit basis. The success of our programs is not only due to our highly qualified and dedicated faculty but also due to support of UAF management and other related organizations. We focus on developing the personality and capabilities of our students through personal guidance in combination with presentations and extensive discussions in the classrooms. Above all, they are encouraged to interact with the faculty and the executives from the business, industry, banks and other financial and marketing fields.
We believe that furnishing our students with state of the art training in business management and information technology is the way through which we facilitate them in attaining their career objectives. Focusing on academic and practical research, teamwork and commitment to instill the best, we achieve our objectives along with the intention to serve the society at large.
IBMS seeks to identify and remove constraints on the student's full participation, so that individuals may explore their capabilities and interests and develop their full intellectual and human potential to face the challenges of professional life. To rejoice discovery and critical thought we persuade our students to generate ideas and their free expression. We also encourage our students to participate in extracurricular activities. To this end sports and other social events are organized on regular basis. The rationale of our existence is to educate students who are able to restructure market place according to ever changing market conditions.
Faculty of IBMS is also conducting research on important issues faced by national economy. In this context, faculty has won various national and international research grants and also has published its work in journals of national and international repute. IBMS is also trying to flourish academia industry linkages through various seminars, workshops and training programs organized in collaboration with industry, NGOs and other organizations.
Degree Programs Offered
The Institute of Business Management Sciences (IBMS) is presently offering following degree programs:
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture (Major: Marketing & Agribusiness)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- BBA (Agribusiness) - 4 Years Joint Degree Program offered by University of Agriculture Faisalabad and IBA-SUKKUR
- MBA 1.5 Years
- MBA 2.5 Years
- MBA 3.5 Years
- MBA Executive
- MS-Management (Agribusiness)
- MS-Management (Marketing)
- MS-Management (Finance)
- Ph.D. Agribusiness
IBMS intends to initiate Ph.D. in Business Administration.