To be Pakistan's lead institution in business education and research in the changing environment with global recognition .
IBMS aims to produce efficient and responsible business leaders and researchers equipped with modern professional skills by;
- Imparting contemporary business education and capacity building through effective teaching and participatory learning
- Promoting entrepreneurship among students through discovery, innovation and competition
- Conducting need based research on emerging business issues and disseminate knowledge to stakeholders through community participation and outreach activities
- Grooming personalities of students by motivating and engaging them in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Developing national and international linkages for sustainable improvement in business education and research
The Department of Business Management Science (DBMS) started functioning by instituting MBA-Regular (2 Years) and M.Com (2 Years) degree programs in December, 1997. In 1998 MBA (Executive) classes were started for the benefit of the working professionals who possessed a minimum of two years’ experience after graduation.
The Institute of Business Management Sciences (IBMS) was established by merging the Department of Marketing and Agribusiness, Department of Business Management Sciences and WTO Cell in February, 2011. IBMS aims at imparting education in the fields of Management, Agribusiness, Marketing, Human Resource Management and Information Technology. The Institute offers degree programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels and prepares students for managerial positions in the agribusiness and industrial sectors of the country.
IBMS seeks to identify and remove restraints on the student’s full participation, so that individuals may explore their capabilities and interests and may develop their full intellectual and human potential to face the challenges of professional life.
To rejoice discovery and critical thought we persuade our students to respect ideas and their free expression. The rationale of our existence is to educate students who are able to restructure market place according to ever changing market conditions.
By equipping our students with state of the art training in business management and information technology is the way through which we facilitate them in attaining their career objectives. Focusing on academic and practical research, teamwork and commitment to instill the best, we achieve our objectives along with the intention to serve the society at large.
Admissions are granted to the four-degree programs entirely on merit basis. The success of our programmes is not only due to our highly qualified and dedicated faculty but also to the members of Faisalabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry who very graciously provide opportunity to our students at their respective organizations to complete internship requirement which is a compulsory part of their study program. We focus on developing the personality and capability of our students through personal guidance in combination with presentations and extensive discussions in the classrooms. Above all, they are encouraged to interact with the faculty and the executives from the business, industry, banks and other financial and marketing fields
Degree Programs Offered
The Institute of Business Management Sciences (IBMS) is presently offering following degree programs:
- MBA 3.5 Years.
- MBA 2.5 Years.
- MBA Executive.
- B.Sc. Hons. Agriculture (Major: Marketing & Agribusiness) program.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- BBA (Agribusiness) - 4 YEARS Joint Degree Program offered by University of Agriculture Faisalabad and SUKKUR IBA
In near future, we intend to launch new degree programs such as BBA (Hons.) We plan to offer the following specializations while keeping in mind the future requirements of the industry, government and corporate sector.
- Supply Chain Management
- Brand Management
- Risk Management
- Project Management
- Human Resource Development
We also envision PhD program to start in near future in following areas.
- Ph.D. (Management)
- Ph.D. (Human Resource Management)
- Ph.D. (Finance)
- Ph.D. (Marketing)
- Ph.D. (Agribusiness)